A Message from Valley Settlement about COVID-19 (novel coronavirus):
Valley Settlement is closely monitoring the coronavirus outbreak in neighboring communities, and is following the guidance of Garfield County Department of Public Health and Roaring Fork School District. We will follow the school district’s lead in calling for temporary closures of programs and classes if necessary.
In the meantime, Valley Settlement’s staff is being diligent about using disinfectants to sanitize spaces and toys before and after every class. We are emphasizing that staff and participants should stay home if they are sick. We encourage everyone to follow the precautionary measures listed below, and avoid public gatherings, events, and other locations outside the home if you are feeling sick.
- The most effective preventive measure you can take is to wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Avoid touching your face, as the virus can be transmitted from your hands to your eyes, mouth and nose.
- Symptoms of respiratory viruses, including the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), include fever, cough, and shortness of breath.
- If you have symptoms of any respiratory virus, stay home and avoid close contact with others.
- If you are worried you may have COVID-19, call your healthcare provider before you show up to the office or hospital, so they may take necessary precautions to help prevent the spread of the virus.
- Valley View has asked that people who think they may have COVID-19 symptoms to avoid coming to the Emergency Room unless they have severe symptoms, in which case they should wear a mask when they present to the ER. People without severe symptoms will be seen in a tent outside the hospital. They request: “If you have fever, cough or cold like symptoms AND traveled outside the United States, OR contact with confirmed COVID-19 case OR traveled to regions with confirmed COVID-19 cases in the last 14 days, please call 970.618.6735 before entering the (Valley View) facility.”
Other information is available:
- If you have questions, you call the CO-HELP hotline (available in English and Spanish):
- Call 303-389-1687 or 1-877-462-2911
- Email COHELP@RMPDC.org
- Guidance about cleaning and sanitizing practices: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qWfwjCASKllqR0LpTm-jTDgPACTeHFOM/view
- Information for residents of Colorado: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rRX9Y5LWCq3aWkLnEMBUUdLyQ99YSxXj/view
- Up-to-date information from the State of Colorado: https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/cdphe/2019-novel-coronavirus
- Up-to-date information from Garfield County Department of Public Health: https://www.garfield-county.com/public-health/novel-coronavirus/
- Up-to-date information from Eagle County: https://www.eaglecounty.us/PublicHealth/Disease_Prevention_and_Control/COVID-19/