Website Valley Settlement
To apply for this position, please use the link to complete the application on the TriNet platform or send your resume and cover letter to HR@valleysettlement.org. Someone will reach out to you to complete the application process.
Reports to: Manager of Adult Focused Programs
Schedule: Up to 25 hours per week, Monday – Friday. This position requires availability during programming hours which can be from 7:45 am – 4:00 pm, with some evening and weekend availability required. Times subject to change based on programming needs.
Hourly Range: $16 – $20 per hour
Adult Focused Programs (AFP) provides Latinx adults with tools and opportunities to help pave a better future for themselves and their families in the Roaring Fork Valley. AFP is comprised of two distinct programs: Lifelong Learning and Parent Mentor. Through the Lifelong Learning program, Valley Settlement offers English, Spanish literacy, math, computer skills, and more to help provide a catalyst for further education and professional advancement. Through the Parent Mentor Program, adults volunteer inside the Roaring Fork School District elementary schools creating a strong relationship between Latinx families and public schools.
We know that a lack of babysitting and transportation can be a big barrier for parents pursuing their education or volunteer opportunities; that is why babysitting services are provided for adult programs to those who need it, freeing up parents to focus on theirs. The AFP Babysitter is responsible for supervising and caring for participants’ children in a fun and safe environment, while they attend adult programs.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide a safe, fun, and nurturing environment in which both children and parents feel comfortable
- Register children for babysitting
- Coordinate and engage children in healthy educational and developmental activities
- Provide snacks at scheduled times
- Aide in the preparation, set up, and clean-up of the babysitting space
- Disinfect toys used during the childcare
- Oversee the safety and well-being of all children
- Attend weekly team meetings
- Other duties, as assigned
- Spanish speaking required
- 6 months+ experience in babysitting
- High School Diploma or GED
- Expanding Quality in Infant Toddler Care training (EQUIT)
- CPR training (Valley Settlement can provide this training)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to lift 35+ lbs.
- Hold valid Colorado driver’s license
- Available and reliable vehicle for traveling to different locations
Valley Settlement does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status in any of its activities or operations. Valley Settlement champions inclusiveness in our community. We honor the diverse strengths, needs, voices, and backgrounds of all members of our community.
To apply for this job please visit app.trinethire.com.