Website Valley Settlement
To apply for this position, please use the link to complete the application on the TriNet platform or send your resume and cover letter to HR@valleysettlement.org. Someone will reach out to you to complete the application process.
Reports to: FFN & Peer Support Manager
Schedule: This a 40 hour a week non-exempt position, Monday through Friday. This position requires availability during programming hours from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, with some evening availability required. Times subject to change based on programming needs.
Salary Range: $20 to $24 per hour, based on qualifications and previous related work experience
Benefits: Valley Settlement’s benefits include the following:
- Employer paid health plan that includes medical, vision, dental and life
- Simple IRA employer contribution
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plan
- Up to 16 paid holidays annually
- Professional development assistance
The Family Navigator is responsible for the successful implementation and operation of the Family Support team’s referral-based work for all of Valley Settlement’s programs, external agencies and from individuals in the Latino/a community who reach out for support.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performs all functions and activities within the guidelines and philosophy set forth in VS’s mission, vision, and goals
- Works collaboratively with program leadership and field staff to receive family referrals
- Works with families to understand their situation and needs and makes proper referrals to community resources
- Conduct home visits with families and attend appointments when needed
- Follows up on the status of referrals with field staff, manager or outside agency on a monthly basis
- Follows up continuously with families to ensure they receive the services needed
- Maintain effective recording system for all referrals, including referral outcomes; enters referral data into the program database
- Develop approaches and strategies to improve support for families
- Works closely with program leadership to jointly develop approaches and strategies to improve support for families
- Identifies and nurtures key relationships with community agencies that support referrals in the community
- Works collaboratively with leadership to ensure referrals, participant relationships, and program support with effective communication
- Establish and maintain respectful and trusting relationships with families with a focus on a strength-based approach
- Leads as a liaison for the organization with various community health and human service agencies, always seeking strategic opportunities for collaboration
- Attend periodic meetings and events with health and social service agencies to stay connected and apprised of regional work and opportunities
- Attend events periodically for all Valley Settlement programs
- Attend program staff meetings when necessary
- Participate in annual door-knocking for program recruitment
- Other duties, as assigned
Qualifications and Skills:
- Respond appropriately to sensitive and/or confidential information and requests; maintain confidentiality at all times
- Ability to establish relationships with families and empower them by building on their strengths
- Demonstrates active listening skills and empathy. Uses a lens of equity, diversity and inclusion in daily work.
- Communicates respectfully and easily with others, including fellow VS team members
- Must demonstrate flexibility, patience, respect and willingness to collaborate and problem solve as a team
- Able to work individually and in a group
- Ability to meet deadlines while at the same time being flexible with other demands of the position
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships internally and externally with a diverse range of people
- Bilingual (English and Spanish oral and written)
- High School Diploma or GED required
- At least two years’ prior working experience in the health and human service field, with direct experience working with families.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive (Documents & Spreadsheets)
- Possess and maintain a valid Colorado driver’s license and automobile insurance
- Available and reliable vehicle to attend external meetings (mileage reimbursed)
Valley Settlement does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status in any of its activities or operations. Valley Settlement champions inclusiveness in our community. We honor the diverse strengths, needs, voices, and backgrounds of all members of our community.
To apply for this job please visit app.trinethire.com.