Website Valley Settlement
Report to: Adult Focused Programs Manager
Schedule: This is a 40-hour-a-week position, Monday through Friday. This position requires availability during programming hours from 8:00 am – 4:00 pm, with some evening and weekend availability required. Times are subject to change based on programming needs.
Hourly Range: $21.64 – $26.45, based on qualifications and previous related work experience.
Benefits: Valley Settlement’s benefits include the following:
- Employer-sponsored health plan that includes medical, vision, dental, and life
- Simple IRA
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) plan
- 12 paid holidays annually
- Professional development assistance
General Description: The Lifelong Learning Coordinator & Teacher is committed to developing relationships with the participants and providing them constructive feedback to help them improve and grow. The Coordinator & Teacher will be understanding and attentive to participant needs, inside and outside of the classroom, and have a passion for the education field. This position requires office and in-field work.
Duties and Responsibilities, include but not limited to:
- Assist with promotion, recruitment, and enrollment
- Plan and facilitate participant orientation
- Administer program surveys to participants
- Mentor and coach participants outside of class via one-on-one meetings, home visits, and/or phone calls.
- Create and organize participant action plans
- Attend staff and weekly meetings with the program team
- Coordinate the ordering of program supplies with the program manager
- Participate in VS program tours
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for teaching the core curriculum for Lifelong Learning to adult participants based on identified needs
- Create lesson plans for existing curriculum; potentially create curriculum for new subjects or improve upon existing curriculum.
- Plan and prepare relevant and practical lesson plans based on life skills and monitor participant’s performance
- Implement a variety of instructional delivery methods, that include group or individualized instruction and in-person and virtuals, that help participants make learning gains
- Create a climate that encourages and supports learning
- Manage program technology and equipment
- Update the Google Drive folder in a timely manner
- Complete and maintain appropriate participant registration, and attendance, and ensure timely submission of data input in the program tracking database
- Collect and file assessment records for each participant and provide this data to the program manager.
- Create action plans with those participants who have numerous absences, such as home visits, meetings, etc., or are having difficulty with the class content. Follow-up with the participant(s) as needed.
- Create goals with each participant and track their progress throughout the program year
- Share feedback with teachers, volunteers, and the program manager regarding participant feedback, interest, community trends, etc.
- Refer participants to Family Support Team, as needed
- Submit periodic written reports to the program manager on program activities
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Job Requirements
- Experience in coordinating activities and teaching groups
- Bilingual (Spanish and English)
- Have and maintain a valid Colorado driver’s license
- Must have a reliable vehicle for field work and to attend external meetings (mileage reimbursed)
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Google Drive
Qualifications and Skills
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Trustworthy, responsive, punctual, reliable
- Effective team-building skills
- Ability to work as a team and independently
- Strong interpersonal skills (e.g., compassionate, empathetic, patient)
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Active listener
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Critical thinker and problem-solver
- Willingness to learn
Valley Settlement does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status in any of its activities or operations. Valley Settlement champions inclusiveness in our community. We honor the diverse strengths, needs, voices, and backgrounds of all members of our community.
To apply for this job please visit app.trinethire.com.