Website Valley Settlement
Program: The Little Bus (El Busesito) Preschool
Reports To: The Little Bus (El Busesito) Program Manager
Schedule: This a 40-hour a week position, Monday through Friday. This position requires availability during programming hours from 8:00 am – 4:00 pm, with some evening availability required. Times subject to change based on programming needs.
Salary Range: $43,000 – $50,000, based on qualifications and previous related work experience.
Benefits: Valley Settlement’s benefits include the following:
- Employer sponsored health plan that includes medical, vision, dental and life
- Simple IRA
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) plan
- 12 paid holidays annually
- Professional development assistance
The Little Bus (El Busesito) preschool is a bilingual program with a strong emphasis on family engagement. Our fleet of three “Little Buses” travel to 12 neighborhoods to provide bilingual preschool education to 96 children who would otherwise have no access to preschool. Equipped with a strong foundation of social-emotional learning, 40-55 students arrive at kindergarten each year ready to learn alongside their peers. Parents are engaged as partners in their child’s education through monthly volunteering, home visits, and four Family Nights each year.
The lead teacher will be responsible for the academic, social-emotional growth and development of children who are 3-5 years old. The lead teacher will need to be committed to fostering positive relationships with student’s families to improve students’ learning experience and meet developmental milestones. Classes are offered four days a week and teachers have a planning day once a week.
Duties and Responsibilities, include but not limited to:
- Ability to plan and develop a curriculum that is fun and educational for students
- Manage classroom activities including lesson plans, play, bathroom breaks, and snacks
- Ability to select the appropriate teaching method and adapt to children’s learning styles
- Ensure the health and safety of the children at all times
- Use active listening skills to understand and adapt to the various needs of children and parents
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated (often in the field) as well as the ability to work as a team in a co-teaching model
- Work with co-teacher to collect appropriate anecdotal notes and assess the progress of each child in the group.
- Assist in set-up, take-down and other needs during class time
- Assure all required classroom documentation and record keeping is completed in a timely manner (i.e. daily lesson plans; required assessments and Parent/Teacher conference forms; daily attendance; program surveys; etc.)
- Attend general staff meetings, teacher planning meetings and assist in setting the goals for the Department.
- Do home visits with families
- Conduct parent conferences on each child’s development
- Participate in special events such as Graduation, and other Valley Settlement events as needed
- Participate in four Family Nights, requiring evening attendance four times/year
- Other duties, as assigned
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)
- Lead Teacher Certification or must become certified within the 2 years of being hired
- Must attend continuing training classes designed to broaden professionalism, education and skill involving child care and child development as required by Federal and State regulations and Valley Settlement.
- Have a valid Colorado driver’s license
- Available and reliable vehicle for visiting families and traveling to different bus site locations (mileage reimbursed)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive (Documents & Spreadsheets)
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Prior experience working with children and families in early childhood education preferred
- Effectively plan, organize and implement educational activities
- Possess patience and compassion suitable for working with young children and their families
- Active listener who values teamwork and collaboration
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Respect confidentiality of each child and his/her family
Valley Settlement does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status in any of its activities or operations. Valley Settlement champions inclusiveness in our community. We honor the diverse strengths, needs, voices, and backgrounds of all members of our community.
To apply for this job please visit app.trinethire.com.